Small- and medium-sized businesses are reminded of the opportunity to participate on the Ontario Chamber of Commerce’s (OCC) newly created policy committees.
The OCC is asking Chambers to nominate local businesses who are interested in joining an OCC policy committee. A committee’s role is to:
- objectively and expertly guide the OCC’s policy development and advocacy process
- determine how OCC policy resolutions should be prioritized on an ongoing basis
- advise on how the OCC should respond to emerging issues on which it does not currently have a position
The OCC’s three policy committees are open for nominations:
- Finance and Economic Competitiveness Committee, which will focus on tax policy, trade, pension sustainability, tourism, fiscal imbalance
- Productivity and Human Capital Committee, which will focus on innovation, productivity, education, skills, health care, regional economic development
- Sustainability Committee, which will focus on transportation, border issues, infrastructure, energy, environment
Please email Angie Brennand, Vice President of Policy & Government Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or nominations.