Who We Are
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) is Ontario’s Business Advocate.
As the most diverse and representational business group in the province, the OCC works closely with governments, labour, academia, other business associations and various groups to create a stronger and more vibrant economy in Ontario.
The OCC represents 60,000 businesses across the province through our network of local chambers of commerce and boards of trade. Our members employ about two million people and produce about 17% of Ontario’s Gross Domestic Product.
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce is a solutions-based organization. Through informed research, patient but consistent advocacy and an engaged membership and network of chambers and boards of trade throughout Ontario, the OCC has become the “go-to” business organization for research, access and opinion.
What We Do
Build a world-renowned business environment that fosters a competitive Ontario.
The OCC works to reach this destination by:
- Researching, consulting, partnering and lobbying for solutions to key policy issues that impact Ontario’s business community
- Building a relevant and influential membership network, which informs our policy process and gains access to decision-makers in the public and private sectors
- Administering strategic program initiatives that impact the daily operations of businesses across Ontario
- Hosting prestigious events, which celebrate industry success, determine future policy and offer access to Ontario’s key decision-makers
- A vibrant free market economy as the key to a higher quality of life for our citizens and the betterment of our communities
- The balancing of economic, social and environmental considerations in the formulation of policy by the business community
- The shared responsibility of all Ontarians for the economic well being of the province
- The opportunity to prosper and to pursue dreams and ambitions for all people
- To provide leadership to Ontario’s business community as its premier advocate
- To foster the development of soundly researched policy positions that reflect the interests of our members
- To influence government policy in a positive, visible, consistent and representative manner
- To strengthen the Chamber movement
- To provide assistance to our members through consultation, access to information and the delivery of other valuable programs and services
Our Operating Principles
- The OCC will demonstrate financial responsibility and accountability to our members at all times
- The OCC will advocate policies as aggressively and publicly as possible
- The OCC will maintain an enthusiastic partnership between our staff and the volunteer network
- The OCC will consult regularly with local chambers of commerce, boards of trade and corporate members
- The OCC will balance specific industry interests and those of the broader economy in formulating policy
- The OCC will attempt to increase membership and strengthen our resource base at all times
- The OCC will ensure effective and timely communication with members
President & CEO
- Research Release | The $2 Billion Question: Business Opinion on Funding The Big Move
- Celebrating excellence at the OCC 2013 AGM & Convention
- OCC Rapid Policy Update: What the 2013 Ontario Budget means for business
- OCC Rapid Policy Update: Enbridge Pipelines is Proposing to reverse Line 9. What is the proposal? What does it mean for Ontario and communities?
- OCC Research Release: Public Sector Problems, Private Sector Solutions