Pre-Election Business Survey
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce Pre-Election Business Survey presented two key election priorities for Ontario’s private sector – reducing red tape and bringing down the deficit.
It is not a surprise that reducing red tape was identified as a top priority. For three consecutive years, businesses have identified a lighter regulatory burden as the most important priority for stimulating the economy.
Reducing the debt/deficit emerged as the second overall most important priority, which speaks to the need for sound fiscal policy as economies across the globe deal with their post-downturn debt burdens.
Other items top of mind for Ontario businesses are support for innovation and green energy. In a new trend, Ontario businesses have suggested that green energy and clean technology are as important as information and digital technology to the future of Ontario’s economy.
Vice President of Policy & Government Relations
416-482-5222 ext 2320
- Research Release | The $2 Billion Question: Business Opinion on Funding The Big Move
- Celebrating excellence at the OCC 2013 AGM & Convention
- OCC Rapid Policy Update: What the 2013 Ontario Budget means for business
- OCC Rapid Policy Update: Enbridge Pipelines is Proposing to reverse Line 9. What is the proposal? What does it mean for Ontario and communities?
- OCC Research Release: Public Sector Problems, Private Sector Solutions